Are you already certified?
In the process of applying for certification?
A champion of certification?
Have heard about it and don’t really know what it means?
Read on to learn more…
I have been promoting national certification for women owned businesses for about 18 years because I sincerely believe that it is a tool that helps women access opportunities and contracts. I am one of 14 regional partners of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the nation’s largest 3rd party certification organization for women business enterprise certification.
If you are in the latter group (heard about it and don’t really know what it means), go here to learn about certification for women owned businesses: www.wbenc.org
Here are 5 reasons you should get WBENC certified:
- Corporations and the US Federal Government are committed to promoting access to business and contracting opportunities for women owned businesses. Third party certification provides the proof that your business is majority owned, operated, managed and independently controlled by women.
- Join a national network of over 13,000 women owned businesses and have access to them through the national database.
- Find resources for business development http://www.wbenc.org/resources-1/
- Build relationships with key decision makers http://www.wbenc.org/corporate-membership-overview/
- Participate in national, local and regional matchmaker meetings that will insure that you can optimize relationship building and stay ahead of opportunities.
If you are in the first category and already certified, then congratulations (!) and we want to know how you are using your certification. We have a hashtag group #BecauseI’mCertified where you can view some great videos about how women have used their certification to grow their businesses.
Here’s what Sharon Reynolds of DevMar had to say after her recent matchmaker meetings at the Go for the Greens Conference for Business Women www.goforthegreens.org