2014-11-18 | New to 2014 Americas Food and Beverage Show – Women-Owned Business Pavilion
NEW TO THE 2014 SHOW – VISIT THE WOMEN-OWNED BUSINESS PAVILION!
For the first time in history, the Americas Food and Beverage Show will feature a Women’s Pavilion exclusively dedicated to 14 women-owned businesses from the Americas who have been selected by WEConnect International and the Women’s Business Development Council of Florida.
“We invite buyers to visit the pavilion and meet the exhibitors”, said Charlotte Gallogly, President of the World Trade Center Miami, who organizes the show and created the pavilion, “Buying from women will drive innovation with a more inclusive vendor network, and enhance your brand and PR.”
“Women make 70% of consumer spending decisions, and control $12 trillion of the overall $18.4 trillion in global consumer spending. So it makes sense to buy products designed by women who know the market best”, said Elizabeth Vazquez, President of WEConnect International, and author, of Buying for Impact, How to Buy from Women and Change Our World.
Nancy Allen, who heads the Women’s Business Development Council of Florida added, “Studies have shown that companies that focus heavily on supplier diversity generate 133% greater return on procurement investment than typical businesses.”
The idea for the Women’s Pavilion was launched during the World Trade Center Miami’s annual International Women’s Day Luncheon on March 7, 2014, where the three organizations signed agreements to create the Women’s Pavilion.
The Chair of this year’s luncheon and pavilion, Ana Guevara also noted, that “Buying from women-owned businesses is not only good for business, it is good for the world. Since women invest 90% of their income in their households, as opposed to men’s 30-40% — the world wins!”
Get your complimentary registration to the show, and schedule one-to-one meeting with the exhibitors at the Women’s Pavilion by contacting the chair of the pavilion, Ms. Ana Guevara at email@example.com.
You can also register for the seminar on buying from women owned businesses by accessing http://www.americasfoodandbeverage.com/seminars.cfm. Whether you are wondering how to leverage purchasing from the vibrant growing market of women-owned businesses – or whether you are a woman who wants to grow your business, this session has all the answers you need to know! The Women’s Pavilion companies are:
- Cafetos el Cedral (Sustainable Single Origin Coffee from Colombia)
- Conservas y Dulces del Valle (Artisanal Exotic Fruit and Vegetable Preserves)
- Crispy Fruit (Natural Fruit Snacks with High Antioxidants and Vitamins)
- Frutos Exoticos (Dried Exotic Fruits and Vegetables and Gluten Free Flours)
- Dipsa Foods (Healthy Snack Bars with Exotic Fruits and Seeds)
- Happy Marmalades (Exotic Fruit Jams and Salts with Organic Spices)
- Laurie & Pujalt (Natural Gourmet Salts from the Sacred Valley of the Incas)
- Productos Yuli (Preservative Free Snacks from Yucca, Plantains and more)
- Shattell Chocolates (Organic Artisan Chocolates from Peruvian Amazon)
- Superfoods Peru (Chia, Quinoa, Fruits, Oils and Medicinal Herbs)
- The Piping Gourmets (Gluten Free, Kosher Desserts and Whoopie Pies)
- Tisanas Orquidea (Exotic Natural Tea Beverages)
- Upfront Foods (Non-GMO, Vegan and Kosher Granolas)
- Life Viox Company (Oxygenated Spring Water from the Andes)
The Americas Food and Beverage is a trade-only event that is closed to the general public. Attendee registration and media is open at www.americasfoodandbeverage.com. For more details on the Women’s Pavilion, call Ana Guevara at 786-282-8793.
About the Americas Food & Beverage Show
The 18th Americas Food and Beverage Show is the largest food and beverage show in the Western Hemisphere focused on two-way trade. More than 400 exhibitors will showcase from 30 countries.
About World Trade Center Miami
The World Trade Center Miami is a member of the World Trade Centers Association, which is the preeminent trade organization promoting two-way trade. There are more than 50 World Trade Centers in the Americas. Visit http://www.WorldTrade.org.
About WEConnect International and Women’s Business Development Council of Florida
WEConnect International www.weconnectinternational.org and the Women’s Business Development Council of Florida https://www.womensbusiness.info are non-profit organizations that certify growth-oriented women’s enterprises, trains and connects them with corporate buyers, who represent over US$700 billion in annual purchasing power.
Contact: Ana Guevara
Guevara@Aventiassociates.com / 786-282-8793