Accepted by major Fortune 500 corporations across the country and a number of federal and government agencies, your WBENC certification will be an important marketing tool for expanding your company’s visibility among decision makers in corporate supplier diversity and procurement. If you’re ready to take advantage of access, capacity development, recognition, promoting your business a community of support along with leveraging our advocacy, apply for WBENC Certification (you will be taken to WBENCLink2.0). Download WBENC Standards and Procedures.
Do you meet the criteria for WBENC Certification?
You must be able to say yes to this criteria for Certification:
- Fifty-one percent ownership by a woman or women.
- Proof of effective management and control of the business (operating position, by-laws, hire-fire and other decision-making role, signature role on loans and contracts) contribution of capital and/or expertise
- S. Citizenship or U.S. Resident Alien Status
Get started with the application process.
Getting certified can take up to 90 days and is an involved process that requires that your company can prove that it is majority owned by a woman or a group of women. Once you have determined your eligibility, it’s time to click the purple button below to be directed to WBENCLink2.0 where you will register for an account so that you can fill out an application for WBENC Certification.
Before completing the application, review the instructions carefully and familiarize yourself with the supporting documentation you will need to provide as a part of your application. You can see some sample documents here.
Some advice: gather all of the documentation you’ll need to fill out the WBENC application prior to getting started (and make a copy for when you’re ready to recertify or apply for a different certification (most of the documents are the same!) You can review FAQs here or contact our Certification Manager, Lisa Roblejo directly.
What to expect after you’ve submitted your WBENC Certification Application:
- Certification Committee Review: A committee who is specifically trained, impartial and experienced will review your application and supporting documents.
- Site Visit: A site visit will be conducted for all applications that are reviewed by the Certification Review Committee. The majority owner(s) must be present at the site visit. The site visit must take place at the company headquarters.
- Decision: A report is completed after the site visit which is presented at the next committee meeting and the committee decides to award or deny certification. In the event that an application is denied, there is an appeals process which allows an applicant to request further review of the application if she feels that the committee made their decision in error.