I spent International Women’s Day in the company of about 200 women in Jacksonville, Florida as part of PS27 Ventures Female Founders Forum Luncheon. (https://www.ps27ventures.com/) The speakers were amazing, and I walked away inspired and motivated and in awe of the impact that a group of women can make in a community, in a country and in the world.
And, thanks to speaker Karen Bowling, Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of North Florida, who asked us to share titles of books and resources that have helped us grow, I have a new list of books and podcasts! I can’t wait to get the full list from PS27 Ventures but here are some of the titles I wrote down as each table shared their lists:
- The CEO Next Door: The 4 Behaviors that Transform Ordinary People Into World-Class Leaders, by Elena L. Botelho, Kim R. Powell, and Tahl Raz
- High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way, by Brendon Burchard
- The Great Game of Business: The Only Sensible Way to Run a Company, by Jack Stack and Bo Burlingham
- Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even if You Hate Marketing and Selling, by Michael Port
- 52 Ways to Free My Mojo: An Art Journal to Liberate Creative Energy, by Nadia Ramoutar
- Unlimited Memory: How to Use Advanced Learning strategies to Learn Faster, Remember More and be More Productive, by Kevin Horsley
- The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success, by Darren Hardy
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business, by Charles Duhigg
- Permission to Screw Up: How I Learned to Lead by Doing (Almost) Everything Wrong, by Kristen Hadeed
- No Ego: How Leaders Can Cut the Cost of Workplace Drama, End Entitlement, and Drive Big Results, by Cy Wakeman
- The Employee Experience Advantage: How to Win the War for Talent by Giving Employees the Workspaces they Want, the Tools they Need, by Jacob Morgan
- Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness, by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Proposals for the Feminine Economy, by Jennifer Armbrust
- 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works– A True Story, by Dan Harris
- Be Fearless: 5 Principles for a Life of Breakthroughs and Purpose, by Jean Case. Thank you PS27 Ventures for giving each participant a copy of this book!
- How I Built This, https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510313/how-i-built-this
- HBR IdeaCast, https://hbr.org/2018/01/podcast-ideacast
- Entrepreneurs on Fire, https://www.eofire.com/podcast/
Think you don’t have time to read? Consider listening to an audiobook or a podcast– listen while you work out, while you drive, while you eat lunch, while you get ready for work in the morning. I’m a voracious reader and I love to share and discuss what I read, so I’m a big believer in book clubs. You can start your own book club or join existing ones online.
“How to start a book club checklist”
Not a certified WBE? Click here for information on how you can gain access and opportunities for business development.
Click here for more information on how you can join the Her Community Membership Program