Many of us are preparing for the National Meeting this June, it’s a WBENCSignature Event and if you haven’t attended, I would highly recommend you RSVP ASAP … I wrote an article about 10 tips for getting the most out of events, you can read it here.
If you’re interested in even more preparation materials and tips for conference success, I invite you to please read on …
- First off, Tell your ‘Gremlin’ to GET LOST! Do some pampering so you can look and feel your best … here are 6 intentional ways to recharge and reconnect, plus think about ways you can pay it forward to make the best out of the event!
- Now, read this article I wrote about why I like action plans, because I think you should too! “Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.”
- Next, it’s time to get comfortable with bragging about your successes, what sets you apart … get started with this list of 10 things to celebrate about you and your business | 10 Ways to Claim Expert Status | Consider these 10 Tips for Making Powerful Presentations and get ready to knock their socks off
- consider forming strategic alliances before, during, and after the event to set yourself up for possible improvements in: improved market reach, generation of additional revenue, development of new products, new markets and new skills, risk management, easier performance management. Watch this helpful video for more in-depth information, click here.
- Spend time perfecting your pitch – remember, an impression is formed within seconds.
- Tweak your Capabilities Statement to fit your target audience and then you are set up to Nail the Negotiation!
- Practice The Art of the Follow Up and The Art of saying Thank You – before (to sponsors of the event for example!), during (so it’s done and fresh), and after the business conference. Be specific and intentional in your note – spend time writing it, not just ‘firing it off’ – it will make all the difference in the world because when someone is coming from a genuine place of a desire to collaborate, it jumps off the page!
- Get ready to make connections! 5 Ways to Form and Nurture Your Relationship with a Buyer | 10 Proven Ways to Get Noticed By Corporate Buyers
- Did you make the April 2 deadline? If so, preparation for your 1:1 MatchMakers is crucial so you can take full advantage of the procurement opportunity connections that you have access to as a WBENC-Certified WBE and WEConnect Certified WBEs. Here is a question I get a lot: “How will I know if a meeting has been extended to my company? Each WBE has access to their schedule when logged into the MatchMaker tool, EventDex. It is strongly recommended that you monitor your company’s online schedule once a week to see if a meeting has been scheduled. Most of the Corporate Members will schedule between May 1 and May 25, which is why weekly monitoring is important.
What has worked for you? Please chime in – we’d love to hear your tips and/or best practices for attending a business conference for women in business.