I wanted to welcome you to this issue of Certified or Certifiable where I hope you will find relevant and helpful news and information to share and use about leveraging your status as a women owned business.
As a part of the club, you are invited to join in HERconvo to learn and grow together and from each other as champions of women in business.
Will you be in the Greater Tampa/St. Pete area this Friday? I’ve just booked a last minute meeting in the area and would love to invite you to lunch on May 11th Natalie. Can you and a friend join me at 12:30pm at Carrabba’s at 700 N. Dale Mabry Hwy. in Tampa? Yes, count me in Nancy! RSVP
Have you thanked a teacher for Teacher Appreciation Week?
Whether you have kids in school or not, chances are you still have a soft spot for a teacher who made a difference in your world … and if you really thought about it, you’d likely realize you have teachers in your life today – whether they have the official title of teacher or not! T
This is a great opportunity to show gratitude and get creative – and if you’ve been following me for a while now, you will know that those are two of my favorite things, but combine the two in search of a result… and I am over the moon!
When my son was in school, I always enjoyed coming up with new ways to make sure his V.I.T.’s felt appreciated for the positive impact that they were making on my son’s future.
You probably know that preventing and coping with workplace stress is one of the biggest challenges that employees and employers face today. May I give you a few statistics for you to consider?
Statistics on Mental Health in the Workplace:
- Over 80% of US workers admit that they are stressed on a regular basis
- Over $300 billion of lost productivity due to stress related issues
- The majority of workplace accidents are due in large part to stress
- Presenteeism is on the rise (being at work, even if sick due to fear of being absent)
- Increased health care costs due to stress
- Less than 50% of workers think their employers care about work/life balance